Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Help is on the way, but why bother saying Thank You

A blind man fell down the steps exiting the train the other day and no this isn't the start of a joke, I wish it was. But I had to pick him up; the guy was dead weight. Absolutely no help to himself. As he went crashing down the stairs a few people ran over to help, one of them even happened to be another man. But do you think he could have lifted him, NO. So, being the Good Samaritan, that I wish I wasn't I went down to the ground, bent my knees and lifted the blind man. I thought I was helping when I realized I was actually doing it all on my own while still holding my pocketbook. As I lifted him I ended up falling myself (which was pretty funny if you could have seen the look on my face I know I was making as I went crashing down).

After I lifted the blind man, with no help to himself or the other man; I didn't even get a freakin' "Thank You."

No comments: